This article is part of our series of guides to the different campsites in Glastonbury Festival. Oxlyers is a popular campsite that sits on some prime flat ground close to the heart of Glastonbury.
Updated for 2023!
If you’re wondering where to camp at this year’s Glastonbury Festival and you’re considering Oxlyers, keep reading to see whether it’s right for you!
First up – Glastonbury is not like other festivals, the various different campsites do not have barriers between them and the arena/entertainment areas. Once you’re in through the main gates, you can pretty much explore everything inside the festival.
Camping in Oxlyers
Oxlyers is the ultimate central hub for festival-goers looking to be in the thick of all the action.
Located right in the heart of the festival site, it’s got easy access to all the main entertainment areas, including the Silver Hayes dance area to the north, The Other Stage to the east, and the old railway track to the south.
Plus, the Pyramid Stage and The Park Stage are just a short walk away.
But be warned, this spot is in high demand and fills up fast, so you’ll have to act fast if you want to snag a spot in this field.
One of the best things about Oxlyers is that it’s flat, making it easy to navigate and set up camp.
But, being low-lying, it can be prone to getting muddy if the weather takes a turn for the worse.
And, with the high density of tents, you’ll be rubbing elbows with your camping neighbors.
Both Gate A and Gate D are the preferred access points to Oxlyers, making it easy to get to whether you’re coming by coach or by car.
So, if you’re looking for a central spot that’s close to all the main stages and entertainment areas, Oxlyers is the place to be.
Just be prepared to move quickly and make some new friends in close quarters.
- No slopes or hills Oxlyers is a flat campsite!
- You can see/hear acts on The Other Stage from your tent
- Quick access to most of the festival
- Great for people who want to be in the thick of it!
- Very, Very, Very Busy! expect space to limited
- Oxlyers can be quite noisy.
- There will be mud! as this is some of the flattest ground on the site, when it rains mud will follow.
- Lots of foot traffic, especially at times when The Other Stage is live as people will just walk right through all the tents.
Best Place to Park for Oxlyers
Orange parking is your best bet for Oxlyers.
Best Gate to Access Oxlyers
The closest gates to Oxlyers are Gate A or Gate D.
Is Camping in Oxlyers for You?
Oxlyers would be right for you if:
- You are looking to be more central with easier access to main routes through the festival.
- You are want to be in the action
- Lots of your favourite acts are performing on The Other Stage.
- Noise and crowds don’t concern you.
- You are arriving early! This place will fill up fast.
- You don’t mind being close to other campers!
Other areas near by you can also try:
- Park Home Ground
For those who may not know, Glastonbury Festival is one of the biggest and most iconic music festivals in the world, taking place annually in the UK. This five-day extravaganza is like a magical kingdom, where the music never stops and the good vibes flow 24/7. The line-up is always a who’s who of the music industry, with past headliners including the likes of Beyoncé, Adele, Paul McCartney and Ed Sheeran.
But Glastonbury isn’t just about the music. It’s an immersive experience that’s hard to put into words. Imagine wandering through the lush fields, taking in the colourful and eclectic art installations, and getting lost in the diverse array of food and craft stalls. It’s like stepping into an entirely different world, where anything is possible.
One of the things that makes Glastonbury so special is the sense of community. The festivalgoers are a diverse group of people from all walks of life, but for five days, we’re all one big family. The vibe is so positive and inclusive, it’s impossible not to feel uplifted and connected to everyone around you.
See you on the farm!